SQUARE DU BOULINGRIN SQUARE DU BOULINGRIN

Prices :
  • Unrestricted access.
Reception open : Open all year.

Description :

Laid out when the fortifications were demolished, the Boulingrin Garden (the name comes from the English "bowling green") contains a huge ornamental fountain purchased in 1865 from the iron foundry in Tusey. With its nympho and cherubs, it forms a delightful picture, its clear waters providing mobility to the otherwise still combination of ironwork design and high-quality floral displays. There is an excellent copy of the statue of Cupid carving arrows out of Hercules' club originally created by Edme Bouchardon, the famous sculptor from Chaumont. It is one of the garden's decorative features; another is the bandstand. Children's playground and public toilets.

Contact details :

  • Avenue Carnot
  • 52000 CHAUMONT