VILLAGE OF VILLIERS LE SEC VILLAGE OF VILLIERS LE SEC

Description :

The village is known to have existed in the 12th century, suffered extensive damage at the hands of the Swedish Army in 1636 and been razed to the ground in 1814. It used to produce a cheese that was popular throughout the region. Now it still has two old wash-houses and a chapel. The church in Villiers le Sec is dedicated to St. Savinian, whose relics it acquired in the 17th century at the same time as the relics of Amon. The frescoes in the chancel are outstanding.

Contact details :

  • Mairie
  • 52000 VILLIERS LE SEC
  • Tel. : 03.25.03.25.11