VILLAGE OF SEMOUTIERS VILLAGE OF SEMOUTIERS

Description :

St. Didier's priory was founded in the 10th century and the village grew up around it. Like the fortified castle built near the Corgebin Forest, the priory has since disappeared. A magnificent font (15th century) and two low reliefs depicting Christ's Passion in nine scenes decorate the church dedicated to St. Peter (Saint Pierre Es Liens) which was rebuilt in 1841. St. Anastasia's Chapel contains some fine statuettes dating from 1705. The NATO air base (Chaumont-Semoutiers) was operational from 1953 to 1967 (see the hyperlink).

Contact details :