VILLAGE OF COLOMBEY LES DEUX EGLISES VILLAGE OF COLOMBEY LES DEUX EGLISES

Prices :
  • Guided tour of the village: 3 €
Reception open : Information desk open 15th March to 15th November, Wednesdays to Sundays.

Description :

It was, of course, General de Gaulle who put this village on the map for people the world over. Born in Lille in 1890, the man who would save France half a century later before becoming President of the Republic in 1959 moved to La Boisserie in 1934. General de Gaulle died in 1970 but he left his mark on Colombey-les-deux-Eglises and is remembered through the new Memorial inaugurated in 2008 beneath the impressive Cross of Lorraine that stands at the top of the plateau, overlooking the village. Another major attraction of Colombey-les-deux-Eglises is the beautiful vast Dhuits Forest, much of which lies within its boundaries. The forest contains countless springs and delightful footpaths. It is also the natural habitat of a multitude of varieties of game which attract hunters and tourist when the stags are troating. For further information

Contact details :