Prices :
  • no charge
Reception open : Open afternoons only during exhibitions (closed Tuesdays). Guided tour provided by the Tourist Office.

Description :

Built thanks to donations from families in Chaumont between 1629 and 1640, the chapel is impressive for its size. It is an indication of the influence of the Jesuit College set up in 1617. Its style is typical of Jesuit architecture at that time and it is admirable for the richly ornate interior, notably the huge reredos by Claude Collignon. Created in 1632, it resembles a theatrical backdrop with a high relief depicting the Assumption made by Jean-Baptiste Bouchardon in the 18th century. To the right of the West Front, in honour of Edme Bouchardon, sculptor to King Louix XV, there is the Bouchardon Fountain which is listed as a historic monument.

Contact details :

  • Rue Victoire de la Marne
  • 52000 CHAUMONT