Open\Close

Votre recherche

Your search
VILLAGE OF LAVILLENEUVE AUX FRESNES

VILLAGE OF LAVILLENEUVE AUX FRESNES

LAVILLENEUVE AUX FRESNES

Founded in the early 13th century, the village of Lavilleneuve aux Fresnes is listed in the Inventory of Historic Sites. St. George's Church contains two remarkable statues made of painted stone. The name "aux Fresnes" comes from a farm that now lies within the département of…

VILLAGE OF LAHARMAND

A monetary treasure trove (coins marked with the effigies of Emperors Domitian, Antonine and Marcus Aurelius) found in 1813 near the Roman road is proof of the early occupation of Laharmand, a village in which iron ore was worked until the 19th century. Opposite a square tower…

VILLAGE OF PRATZ

The village, which gets its name from "petit pré" (small meadow) stands on the hills above the left bank of the River Blaise. Its church is dedicated to St. Magdalene. The village was the birthplace of Michel Merger, a friend of Jacques Clément who assassinated King Henri III…

VILLAGE OF LAMOTHE EN BLAISY

VILLAGE OF LAMOTHE EN BLAISY

LAMOTHE EN BLAISY

Stone, water and wood combine harmoniously in Lamothe en Blaisy. So much so, in fact, that the town has a stone quarry 150 to 200 metres deep which supplied the raw materials for the building of the prison in Clairvaux and, on the banks of the River Blaise in the heart of a…