Open\Close

Votre recherche

Your search
VILLAGE OF FOULAIN

The village gained in importance in the 19th century thanks to the building of the railway and the canal between Champagne and Burgundy; before that, it was a mere hamlet called Foulon. The 12th-century St. Clement's Church resembles a chapel; it contains two fine 18th-century…

VILLAGE OF HARRICOURT

Les Herbues, a hill rising to a height of 372 metres, provides a vast panoramic view of Harricourt and the Upper Blaisse Valley. The houses, built mainly of stone, have remained traditional. St. Remy's Church dates from the 17th century. The wash-house has been restored.

VILLAGE OF JONCHERY

The old main road runs through the village of Jonchery, which has merged with Laharrmand and Sarcicourt. Once cleared, the ground used to contain large quantities of iron ore pellets which were then washed in the 23 wash-houses in the town. The settlement was founded in the 12th…

VILLAGE OF EUFFIGNEIX

A Bronze Age dagger and a statuette dating from the 1st century representing a god wearing a torque and accompanied by a wild boar were discovered here and sent to the national museum of antiquities in Saint Germain en Laye. They proved that there had been a Gallo-Roman…

VILLAGE OF LACHAPELLE EN BLAISY

VILLAGE OF LACHAPELLE EN BLAISY

LACHAPELLE EN BLAISY

A chapel lead to the development of a village which grew over the centuries until it included a monastery, mills and a castle. Clairvaux Abbey had a large number of daughter-houses but the Corgebin Commandery (in Brottes) ruled the hamlet of Bas Pré. The castle is simply built.…

VILLAGE OF RENNEPONT

Located at the confluence of the Renne and Aujon rivers, Rennepont still has an old malting. Its château was built on the foundations of a building demolished in the 17th century. At the entrance to the park is a beautiful Gothic chapel. St. Maurice' Church, built in 1868, has…

VILLAGE OF BUCHEY

VILLAGE OF BUCHEY

RIZAUCOURT BUCHEY

Buchey, which is mentioned in the 12th century, was once part of Clairvaux Abbey. At the entrance to the village is a wash-house built on a hillside. It is impressive for its round shape. St. Columba's Church contains a 16th-century statue of the saint.

VILLAGE OF LAVILLE AUX BOIS

VILLAGE OF LAVILLE AUX BOIS

LAVILLE AUX BOIS

The forest has given way to plains carpeted with fields of cereal crops. There was no water here until 1952; now it flows through Laville aux Bois but this required some considerable effort to achieve. A well over one hundred metres deep was dug and a fountain placed on top of…

VILLAGE OF VILLARS EN AZOIS

VILLAGE OF VILLARS EN AZOIS

VILLARS EN AZOIS

The village is surrounded by the vast woodlands of Clairvaux, Beaumont and Cunfin. Its church, like the one in Silvarouvres, is dedicated to the English pilgrims who were martyred between the two villages in the 7th century. It has two stained-glass windows depicting Our Lady of…

VILLAGE OF TREIX

Its origins date from the 13th century. Built on the hilltops and used, before the French Revolution, by a regiment of lanciers, the village also has two wash-houses and a Gallo-Roman fountain whose basin forms a small pond. The Church dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin…