Open\Close

Votre recherche

Your search
VILLAGE OF JUZENNECOURT

Bordered by the vast Etoile and Dhuits Forests, the town stretches out across a plain covered in farmland. A fortified house was built here but, after it was destroyed by the members of the Catholic League from Chaumont in 1591, it was replaced by a château (18th century). The…

VILLAGE OF BUXIERES LES VILLIERS

VILLAGE OF BUXIERES LES VILLIERS

BUXIERES LES VILLIERS

Buxières lès Villiers was mentioned in 1101 but only a few ruins of its feudal castle can be seen today. Built in 1698, the château has been a rural institute for the past thirty years. St. Benigne's Church has a 12th-century chancel.

VILLAGE OF SARCICOURT

St. Martin's Church, which was rebuilt between 1780 and 1820, contains a 15th-century stone Pietà, a 13th-century column and capital and a gravestone dating from 1716. On the altar is a large wooden Crucifix dating from the 17th century, a tabernacle door and two cherubs made…

VILLAGE OF CONDES

The village, with its old bridge, wash-house and church dedicated in 1866, came into being in the 10th century thanks to St. Marcou's Priory, a major place of pilgrimage because of its two miraculous springs. The château in the centre of an English-style park was built in the…

VILLAGE OF ARGENTOLLES

The champagne produced from its 40 hectares of vines has brought prosperity to Argentolles. In fact, its wash-house has been turned into a wine museum. The visit includes a cellar, press and St. Vincent's cellar. The Romanesque-style Church of Our Lady of the Nativity was built…

VILLAGE OF VILLIERS LE SEC

VILLAGE OF VILLIERS LE SEC

VILLIERS LE SEC

The village is known to have existed in the 12th century, suffered extensive damage at the hands of the Swedish Army in 1636 and been razed to the ground in 1814. It used to produce a cheese that was popular throughout the region. Now it still has two old wash-houses and a…

VILLAGE OF RIZAUCOURT

VILLAGE OF RIZAUCOURT

RIZAUCOURT BUCHEY

With 40 hectares of vineyard, Rizaucourt has joined Argentolles in becoming one of Haute-Marne's major centres for champagne. A Cross decorated with vines recalls the nobility of the drink. In Rizaucourt, where there are still two springs, the lushness of the countryside is…

VILLAGE OF BLAISY

Blaisy was built over a Merovingian graveyard. Attila is said to have stayed her in 451 A.D. after his defeat at the Battle of the Catalaunian Fields. St. Martin's Church dates from the 19th century.

VILLAGE OF CURMONT

Mentioned in 1153, Curmont beside the Planchet Forest nestles in the depths of a valley containing an Artesian well four metres in diameter and eight metres deep. At the entrance to the village is the impressive church dedicated to Our Lady. It dates from the 19th century.

VILLAGE OF CHOIGNES

VILLAGE OF CHOIGNES

CHAMARANDES CHOIGNES

Choignes was exchanged for Aubepierre sur Aube upon the signature of feudal covenants. St. Martin's Church, built in the 13th century, contains some particularly fine furnishings e.g. altarscreens illustrating the lives of the Virgin Mary and St. Nicholas (16th century), and…